If you only want to run 1 stand alone barrel with an integrated reservoir, this might be the right setup for you: 10 ring segments assembled using 60 of our 1/6th parts, a closed base used as your reservoir, a water buffer and a top lid.
Provides 119 grow spaces (1 grow space is sacrificed because of the revision part) at a height of 1.9m.
As with all our vertical barrels the number of ring segments you can stack is flexible, increasing the number of grow spaces. Height does not change the irrigation setup – just the requirements for the pump, so it can deal with the height.
For details of each part please see the single detail pages of the parts:
- Top lid
- Top water buffer (with pre-drilled center hole to connect internal hose for irrigation)
- A closed base that serves as reservoir.
- 1/6th parts with two 2-inch net pot inserts and one revision part for the lowest ring segment.
- Please note that you need to get Plug Pots or net pots or grow space covers separately.
The setup in this bundle corresponds with a A2) – B2) setup from our decision making page. Any other combination would be possible by changing components in you parts list.
Assembly – In order to assemble a full working production system you need the following additional ingredients:
- Simple aquarium water pump that will be submerged inside the standing base filled with liquid fertilizer. Size of the pump: ~30Watts, ~5l/min, height ~2m, 3/4″ hose. Please ask if you like to get a pump with it, we can provide an adequate quality pump with a German plug / 220V. But you could use a local similar pump.
- A hose that is used for the liquid transport from the bottom onto the water buffer on the top (below the top lid). For fine tuning we recommend adding a valve. We can provide a pre-assembled hose.
- Do the plumbing.
- Net pots, fertilizer, plants, water.
For dimensions please see our metrics page.
You can find a build-your-own rolling metal base in the construction manual section.