The most used size of our vertical barrel: As example using 10 ring segments assembled using 60 of our 1/6th parts, a lid base and a turned upside down lid as base, top lid and pressure irrigation. This is the ideal setup if you run multiple vertical barrels. You can find some example setups on this page.
Please note: That you can always change the number of ring segments stacked. With each level/ring segment you add 15cm of height and 12 grow spaces. If you need more space for a larger crop you can cover unused with our grow space cover.
Provides 119 grow spaces (1 grow space is sacrificed because of the revision part) at a height of 1.8m.
For details of each part please see the single detail pages of the parts:
- Top lid
- Note: We are _not_ using a waterbuffer here since this bundle is be pressure irrigated using a sprinkler or spray nozzle or using our Netafim adpater or use your own irrigation mounted to the sprinkler dome. But… you could also go for pressure-less irrigation and use our waterbuffer fed from a normal lid on top.
- Lid-Base plus upside down Lid
- 1/6th parts with two 2-inch net pot inserts with 1 revision piece in the base ring segment.
- Please note that you need to get Plug Pots or net pots or grow space covers separately.
The setup in this bundle corresponds with a A1) – B1) setup from our decision making page. Any other combination would be possible by changing components in you parts list.
Assembly – In order to assemble a full working production system you need the following additional ingredients:
- A reservoir for your liquid fertilizer with the right dimensions for your operations and cultivation situation. We also recommend a basic controller for pH, EC and liquid temperature.
- A professional pressure pump/system, that can provide a your liquid fertilizer with a minimum pressure of 2+ bars from your reservoir to the top of your barrels to operate the spray nozzles/sprinklers. We recommend a mesh filter of your liquid in order to protect your sprinklers/spray nozzles from solids.
- A gutter or gravity based solution (hoses or pipes) to direct the liquid exiting all your planned vertical barrels back to your reservoir.
- Piping, distribution and options to switch off the pressure line(s) to the top of your planned vertical barrels.
- Net pots, fertilizer, plants, a greenhouse, water.
For dimensions please see our metrics page.