Will be available from mid October 2020! Pre-orders welcome!
Background: Aponix wanted to integrate an optional stainless steel plant trellis into the grow space areas. After a few design cycles we decided not to integrate too many features into our ring segment but rather take the opportunity to re-invent the way single-time use 2″ plastic netpots are used and work in hydroponics! We decided to integrate the plant trellis holder into our new ‘reusable aponix trellis plugpot’. Here are the features:
- It is reusable multiple times, very robust, made from ABS and will come in light grey to give it a nice contrast in the vertical barrel units.
- The shape enables the user to use young plants grown in glued or alternative substrate plugs and insert a plant into a grow space by just inserting the bare plug + plant – no plastic involved. The plug is held by some gentle spikes.
- The shape of the reusable plug pot helps to clean things up after a cycle easily. You can rip off roots from the open side and then clean your plug pots using a power washer in a big bucket.
- Diameter is 2 inches/5cm so it can be used in any hydroponic system that uses 5cm holes too. The shape is optimized to click into the aponix vertical barrel grow spaces in a very solid way.
- The plug pot provides an optional insert for a stainless steel plant trellis. Using the trellis will increase the number of crops you can grow opening the space for fruiting dwarf varieties, strawberries, cannabis etc. There will be multiple trellis shapes available soon.
- Material: ABS
- Color: light grey