Aponix Newsletter 2017-02 – Ready to Ship Soil-Less 3D-NFT
[Link to the original newsletter]
- The series production of the 2. generation of our barrel parts is now up and running and we are ready to ship!
- Improvements of the last two years of development:
- Inside wing structure, directing the liquid to the root areas of your plants, allowing for much higher barrels.
- New connection mechanism between the adapter parts ensuring a tight more exact fit, easier assembly, facilitating to stack and handle barrel ring segments.
- New irrigation – inverted sprinkler, new lid.
- Materials used: ASA for the 1/6th parts, being the most robust and uv-resistant option and PVC for lids and stands.
- Future parts will come in 2017: Extension into new soil-less adapter parts, that can be used for bigger plants and more versatile grow space set-ups. And also parts for movable soil-based wickerbed version.
PCT announcement of patent has been published (WO2016/156334) ready to localize IP internationally to protect new partnerships. Aponix is looking for partners to manufacture and/or set up sales channels outside Germany/Europe.
- Trade shows and events 2016/2017
- GreenTech June 2016 in Amsterdam
- AgTech Week NYC September 2016 in New York City with demo of the aponix vertical barrel.
- CropWorld October 2016 in Amsterdam
- Upcoming 9-10 May 2017 Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture, Utrecht.
- Latest mentions
- Marco’s and other opinions on the upcoming agri-food revolution.
- UrbanAg News: Aponix extended the NFT idea into the 3rd dimension with their vertical barrel
- National television visiting the aponix underground testing farm (5min video, German).
- Aponix winner at Green Product Award, category freestyle
- Staatliche Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt für Gartenbau Heidelberg (LVG) testing barrels in parallel to NFTs (prototype and generation 2).