Partners we are looking for:
- An ideal partner would be an already established player in the horticulture field that is serving existing customers setting up soilless farming facilities or supplying greenhouse equipment/consulting who is seeking for interesting products complementing their own range of products for a territory/territories they already operate in successfully.
- Interested retailers and expert consultants that would help spread the aponix technology faster including local services, education or seedling supply subscriptions to special target groups.
For the next step (expansion into global sales-channels) we are reaching out to potential distribution partners.
For resellers it is also possible and depending on the target group even necessary to bundle our pieces into unique value propositions to their customer base including services, education and subscription to seedlings after the purchase. In fact for users having someone local to help with setups and detailed questions on operations will be one key ingredient to be successful. This can not be done from our home base in Germany. You can even exten the system or mix it with other competitive equipment.
The component is protected by a very simple initial German patent from 2015 describing the abstraction of a barrel for plant cultivation. Aponix has issued a PCT announcement in 2016 and has gone into an EP and the US. Korea, Japan and China will also follow in 2019/20.
The following applications are possible that target different market segments and can each be seen as being separate fields:
- B2B: The soil-less version that is built from the parts that allow multiple soil-less barrels to be connected into grow lines and serve professional or very advanced hobby growers as production equipment and decentralized urban farming.
- B2C: The standalone soil-less version that uses the soil-less adapters but also provide its own liquid reservoir. This can be seen as advanced tower solution (>100 grow spaces) for end-consumers that are ready and educated to grow soil-less and would like to own the most simplified and usable product on the market. This setup is also ideal for schools and universities education they students in soilless cultivation.
- B2C: The soil- or substrate based version, that can be used as single raised bed alternative for terraces and balconies in urban areas. Another use case is the use in public spaces and offices. The cylinders can be filled with substrate including an inside ‘logic’ (see this page), prepared and planted off-site and then placed at their destination using a forklift.
- B2B/B2C: The setup for water filtration and usage as parts of buildings and public spaces. The material used to build the parts could be changed from thermoplastics into ceramics for that purpose.
If you are interested in partnering, please contact us. We have set up a simple and pragmatic distributor agreement that is a central piece for distribution partners and future collaboration. We can also provide price lists (distributor purchase prices and MSRP providing margins of 40-60%) and a guide that defined how distributors can do marketing and also own packaging using our equipment. Materials are shipped EXW from our factory in Heppenheim/DE or Heidelberg/DE. Looking forward to hearing from you!