As a startup aponix has gone through the venture of setting up and improving a prototype of the concept and idea behind it since 2015 – to cultivate edible plants in vertically flexible cylinders all set up using its versatile lego-part ring segment system simplifying parts to a minimum usable and robust tool. We have reached a point in our development now, where it has been shown that the system works well and can be mass-produced and extended.
For the next step – the expansion and integration into sales-channels we will need external investments / partners to help us implement distribution channels.
The following applications are available that target different market segments and can each be seen as separate branch:
- B2B: The soil-less version that is built from the parts that allow multiple soil-less barrels to be connected into grow lines and serve professional or very advanced hobby growers as production equipment and decentralized urban (micro) farming.
- B2C: The standalone soil-less version that uses the soil-less adapters but also provide its own liquid reservoir. This can be seen as advanced tower solution (>100 grow spaces) for end-consumers that are ready and educated to grow soil-less and would like to own the most simplified and usable product on the market. This setup is also ideal for schools and universities education they students in soilless cultivation.
- B2C: The soil- or substrate based version, that can be used as single raised bed alternative for terraces and balconies in urban areas. Another use case is the use in public spaces and offices. The cylinders can be filled with substrate including an inside ‘logic’ (see this page), prepared and planted off-site and then placed at their destination using a forklift.
- B2B/B2C: The setup for water filtration and usage as parts of buildings and public spaces. The material used to build the parts could be changed from thermoplastics into ceramics for that purpose.
All existing parts can be seen in our order area to give you an idea of the versatility of the vertical barrel concept.
For resellers it is also possible to bundle our pieces into a unique offer to their customer base including services, education and subscription to seedlings after the purchase.
The component is protected by a very simple initial German patent from 2015 describing the abstraction of a barrel for plant cultivation. Aponix has issued a PCT announcement in 2016 and has nationalized into a European patent and a US patent until Sept 2017. Korea, Japan and China are also protected as of 2018 in cooperation with a Korean licensing partner.
Partners we are looking for:
- An ideal partner would be an already established player in the horticulture field that seeks for a strategic investment via licensing the aponix technology and set up own manufacturing for markets/territories they already operate in successfully. Territorial exclusivity is subject to negotiation and perspective.
- Interested retailers would be ideal to help spread the aponix technology faster that setting up own new sales channels or special bundled packages including services, education or seedling subscriptions to special target groups.
If you are interested in partnering or investing into one area of expansion, please contact us. We have prepared a status ‘onepager’ that we can provide for your internal discussion. We can also provide calculation examples (volume, cost and sales prices) for the possible cooperation variants: a) generate leads for commission, b) re-sell on own account and c) manufacture and sell on own account through licensing.