- The series production for new parts extending the vertical barrel concept into a soil-/subtrate-based variant and also a standalone soil-less barrel are on the way! All new parts will be available in late Summer 2017 and can already be pre-ordered from our website’s order area.
Here are the new parts:
Another missing part is the low tech water buffer for the irrigation of the soil-less version. It will be placed under the top lid to hold ~8 liters of water to gradually irrigate the inside. This part will be used in the future standalone soil-less version or if the irrigation using the standard sprinkler is not an option in larger low-tech setups.
- A shelf part used to add grow space for the substrate based setup.
- The closed part also extends the soil-less version. For larger crops as spacer on the cultivation area or barrel surface.
- The closed standing base can also serve as a reservoir for a standalone soil-less barrel >100 grow spaces.
Click here to see how a soil-based setup will look like.
- Acceleration in progress!
Since April 2017 we are an EIT Climate-KIC Startup for ‘Urban Transitions’. We are proud to receive substantial support, shaping the aponix story and mentorship, extending into soil-based hyperlocal equipment and also receive additional financial support that way.Thanks Climate-KIC!
Aponix is looking for resellers and distribution partners!After 3 years of development and setting up the first series production in Germany, manufacturing and shipping the first parts for our soil-less barrels, we are at the ideal point in the development where we need more mature outside partners to help us set up strong global distribution channels.
- Recent press:
- The Garden and Greenhouse Magazine wrote a product review about our soil-less vertical barrel.
- Hortidaily wrote an article about the vertical barrel system. There has also been a Spanish version on Freshplaza.
- Own press release content:
- A general English article about the aponix vertical system including an image download.
- The announcement of the soil-based version in German including an image download.
If you like to write about aponix please let us know if you need additional content, materials or an interview partner!
- Trade shows:
Quality and usability
It has long been overdue that aponix points out the key differences between our equipment and philosophy and the various other ‘tower’ solutions out there.
If you still think aponix is just another hobby tower system __please__ check out our page on quality and usability with regard to operations and materials used.
Aponix has put a serious amount of effort into its design regarding many different dimensions of the product to make it as simple and robust as possible.